The PCM/ECM performs many functions on your car. The module accepts information from various engine sensors and computes the required fuel flow rate necessary to maintain the correct amount of air/fuel ratio throughout the entire engine operational range.
Based on the information that is received and programmed into the PCM's memory, the PCM generates output signals to control relays, actuators and solenoids. The PCM also sends out a command to the fuel injectors that meters the appropriate quantity of fuel. The module automatically senses and compensates for any changes in altitude when driving your vehicle.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the wiring harness connector from the PCM by loosening the connector retaining bolt, then pulling the connector from the module.
- Remove the two nuts and the PCM cover.
- Remove the PCM from the bracket by pulling the unit outward.
- Install the PCM in the mounting bracket.
- Install the PCM cover and tighten the two nuts.
- Attach the wiring harness connector to the module, then tighten the connector-retaining bolt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.