Testing of the volume air flow sensor also includes testing of the integral intake air temperature sensor.
- Remove the volume air flow sensor from the vehicle.
- Inspect the volume air flow sensor for cracks or any other signs of damage.
- Check that the sensor shutter plate opens and closes smoothly.
- Using an ohmmeter, open and close the sensor shutter plate while checking the resistance between the terminals.
- Using a voltmeter with a temperature probe, an ohmmeter and a hairdryer for temperature variation, measure the resistance fluctuation of the integral intake air temperature sensor.
- If the resistance does not measure within specifications, replace the volume air flow sensor.