Removal & Installation
Service to the sunroof harness, sunroof relay, drive unit assembly, sunroof frame, sunshade and guide rail require headliner removal.
- Make sure the sunroof is fully closed, if possible. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Slide the sunshade all the way to the rear. Fully close the sliding panel. Remove the decoration cover mounting screws from the right and left decoration covers and remove the covers.
- Remove the retaining nuts from the sliding panel and bracket. Remove the sliding panel by pushing it upward from inside the vehicle. Take care to remove the shims between the sliding panel and brackets before removing the sliding panel.
- Remove the front guide assembly.
- Remove the air deflector. Remove the E-ring at the rear of the deflector link, and remove the pin. Remove the screws and the deflector. Take care not to damage the deflector link or connector.
- Remove the guide rail cover.
- Remove the sliding roof unit. Remove the mounting nuts securing the drive unit and sliding roof unit to the body. With an assistant to help you, remove the unit.
- Remove the sunshade from the guide rail. Remove the set plate. Remove the guide rail mounting screws. Lift up the rear end of the guide rail and pull out the rear guide assembly. Remove the guide rail from the sliding roof frame, lifting up the rear end of the guide rail.
- Remove the sliding roof harness, sliding roof relay, drive unit assembly and the sliding roof frame.