Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Wheel and tire assembly
- Use a coil spring compressor to compress the coil spring.
- Remove the cotter pin and castellated nut.
- Separate the lower ball joint from the front wheel spindle.
- Position the front wheel spindle out of the way and remove the coil spring.
The end of the coil spring must cover the first hole and should not be visible in the second hole.
Install the coil spring in the lower arm.
WARNINGAlways install the cotter pin into the lower ball joint castellated nut from outboard to inboard. Failure to do so will result in damage to the wheel and tire assembly.
- Install the lower ball joint.
- Install the front stabilizer bar link nut.
- Remove the Coil Spring Compressor.
- Install the front shock absorber and the two lower nuts.
- Install the upper shock absorber bushing and nut/washer assembly.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the front disc brake rotor shield.
- Remove the front shock absorber.
- Remove the front sway bar link nut.
- Compress the front coil spring using a spring comressor tool.