Removal & Installation
Do not remove the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition switch at the same time or damage to the column may result.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the clockspring.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the 2 multifunction switch screws.
- Remove the multifunction switch.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- On vehicles equipped with tilt wheel, remove the tilt lever.
- On vehicles equipped with tilt wheel, remove the steering column collar by pressing on the collar from the top and bottom while removing the collar.
- Remove the instrument panel trim cover retaining screws. Remove the trim cover.
- Remove the 2 screws from the bottom of the steering column shroud. Remove the bottom half of the shroud by pulling the shroud down and toward the rear of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is equipped with automatic transmission, move the shift lever as required to aid in removal of the shroud. Lift the top half of the shroud from the column.
- Remove the 2 self tapping screws that retain the combination switch to the steering column casting. Disengage the switch from the casting.
- Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors, using caution not to damage the locking tabs. Be sure not to damage the PRNDL cable.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Torque the combination switch retaining screws to 18-27 inch lbs. (2-3 Nm).