Prior to recovering or charging the refrigerant system, you must verify the purity of the refrigerant.
NOTESome R-134a service centers require the use of an A/C manifold gauge set.
- Connect the R-134a A/C Refrigerant Center to the low and high pressure service gauge port valves.
- Recover the refrigerant from the system following the operating instructions provided by the equipment manufacturer.
- Once the service center has recovered the vehicle A/C system refrigerant, close the service center inlet valve (if so equipped). Then switch off the power supply.
- Allow the vehicle A/C system to remain closed for about two minutes. Observe the system vacuum level as shown on the gauge. If the pressure does not rise, disconnect the recovery station hose(s).
- If the system pressure rises, repeat Steps 2 through 5 until the vacuum level remains stable for two minutes.
- Carry out the required repairs, then evacuate and recharge the A/C system.