Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place a suitable drain pan beneath the extension housing. Clean the area around the extension housing seal.
- Matchmark the driveshaft to the rear axle flange. Disconnect the driveshaft and pull it rearward from the unit.
- Remove the extension housing seal using tool T74P-77248-A or equivalent, remove the extension housing seal.
- Lubricate the inside diameter of the oil seal and install the seal into the extension housing using tool T74P-77052-A. Check to ensure that the oil seal drain hole faces downward.
- Install the driveshaft to the extension housing. Connect the driveshaft to the rear axle flange. Make sure the marks made during removal are in alignment. Fit the attaching washer, lockwasher and nuts.
- Check and adjust the transmission fluid level, using Ford manual transmission lube D8DZ-19C547-A (ESP-M2C83-C) or equivalent.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
Refer to the transfer case procedures for the front and/or rear output shaft seals.