Removal & Installation
- As required, raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the nuts, bolts and washers and disconnect the stabilizer bar from the links.
- Remove the U-bolts and nuts from the mounting bracket and retainers. Remove the mounting brackets, retainers and stabilizer bars.
- Position the U-bolts and mounting brackets on the axle with the brackets having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Install the stabilizer bar and retainers on the mounting brackets with the retainers having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Connect the stabilizer bar to the rear links. Install the nuts, bolts, and washers and tighten.
- Tighten the mounting bracket U-bolt nuts to 30-42 ft. lbs.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle and install safety stands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar link nuts and bolt. Discard the bolt.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar link.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar mounting bracket bolts and remove the brackets. Discard the bolts.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Observe the following torques:
End link nuts: 52 ft. lbs. (80 Nm)