Removal & Installation
If equipped, always turn off the Automatic Ride Control (ARC) service switch before lifting the vehicle off of the ground. Failure to do so could damage the ARC system components. Refer to Section 1 for jacking procedures.
- As required, raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the nuts, bolts and washers and disconnect the stabilizer bar from the links.
- Remove the U-bolts and nuts from the mounting bracket and retainers. Remove the mounting brackets, retainers and stabilizer bars.
- Position the U-bolts and mounting brackets on the axle with the brackets having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Install the stabilizer bar and retainers on the mounting brackets with the retainers having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Connect the stabilizer bar to the rear links. Install the nuts, bolts, and washers and tighten.
- Tighten the mounting bracket U-bolt nuts to 30-42 ft. lbs.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle and install safety stands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar link nuts and bolt. Discard the bolt.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar link.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar mounting bracket bolts and remove the brackets. Discard the bolts.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Observe the following torques:
End link nuts: 52 ft. lbs. (80 Nm)