Removal & Installation
Navajo And B Series Pick-Up Models
- Raise the blade end of the arm off of the windshield.
- Move the slide latch away from the pivot shaft. The wiper arm can now be removed from the shaft without the use of any tools.
- Be sure the wipers are in the parked position, and the blade assembly is in its correct position.
- Push the main head over the pivot shaft.
- Hold the main arm head onto the pivot shaft while raising the blade end of the wiper arm and push the slide latch into the lock under the pivot shaft head.
- Lower the blade to the windshield. If the blade does not lower to the windshield, the slide latch is not completely in place.
Removal & Installation
- Turn the wiper switch on. Turn the ignition switch on until the blades are straight up and then turn ignition off to keep them there.
- Remove the right wiper arm and blade.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right pivot nut and allow the linkage to drop into the cowl.
- Remove the linkage access cover, located on the right side of the dash panel near the wiper motor.
- Reach through the access cover opening and unsnap the wiper motor clip.
- Push the clip away from the linkage until it clears the nib on the crank pin. Then, push the clip off the linkage.
- Remove the wiper linkage from motor crank pin.
- Disconnect the wiper motor's wiring connector.
- remove the wiper motor's three attaching screws and remove the motor.
- Install the motor and attach the three attaching screws. Tighten to 60-65 inch lbs. (6.7-7.3 Nm).
- Connect the wiper motor's wiring connector.
- Install the clip completely on the right linkage. Make sure the clip is completely on.
- Install the left linkage on the wiper motor crank pin.
- Install the right linkage on the wiper motor crank pin and pull the linkage on to the crank pin until it snaps.
The clip is properly installed if the nib is protruding through the center of the clip.
- Reinstall the right wiper pivot shaft and nut.
- Reconnect the battery and turn the ignition ON . Turn the wiper switch off so the wiper motor will park, then turn the ignition OFF . Replace the right linkage access cover.
- Install the right wiper blade and arm.
- Check the system for proper operation.
- Cycle the windshield wiper blades until they are in the straight UP position.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Disconnect the windshield wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the RH access cover screws and cover.
- Reach through the RH access cover opening and release the wiper motor clip from the RH mounting arm and pivot shaft.
- Disconnect the (1) RH windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft from the (2) LH windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft, and move both away from the (3) windshield wiper motor.
Remove the studs and bolts and windshield wiper motor.
NOTETo avoid possible damage to the mounting arm and pivot shaft retainer clip, be sure the clip is fully seated before installing on the motor crank pin.
NOTEInstall the LH mounting arm and pivot shaft to the motor before installing the RH mounting arm and pivot shaft.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.