Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Install a coil spring compressor and compress the coil spring.
Failure to fully compress the spring and hold it securely can be extremely dangerous.
- Remove the upper strut nut.
- Slowly release the coil spring tension
- Remove the mounting rubber, bound stopper, dust boot and coil spring.
- Temporarily install the spring, dust boot and mounting so the lower end of the coil spring is seated on the step of the lower seat.
- Mark the spring, dust boot and rubber for correct installation as shown in the accompanying illustration.
- Align the mark of the coil spring and dust boot, use a piece of cloth to protect the spring and boot and install the compressor.
- Compress the coil spring in the compressor tool and install the shock absorber so the lower end of the spring is seated on the step of the lower spring seat.
- Ensure the marks on the shock absorber and dust boot are aligned to the marks made earlier, install the mounting rubber and the rod not and tighten the nut to 29-39 ft. lbs. (39-52 Nm)
- Install the shock assembly.