Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
NOTERefer the exploded view illustration for component locations and if applicable, their retainer torque specifications.
- Disconnect the brake hose.
- Remove the caliper bolts and the caliper.
- Remove the disc pads and shims.
- Clean the exposed area of the piston.
Compress the piston using tool 49 0221 600C
- Install the caliper. Tighten the bolts to 21-31 Nm (15-23 ft. lbs.).
- Connect the brake hose and tighten to 21-29 Nm (15-21 ft. lbs.).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Depress the brake pedal a few times and verify that the brakes do not drag
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Caliper. Torque the caliper mounting bolts to 36--39 ft. lbs. (49-54 Nm). Install the bolt caps.
- Pump the brake pedal several times to seat the pads.