Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
NOTERefer the exploded view illustration for component locations and if applicable, their retainer torque specifications.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable.
- Disconnect the brake hose.
- Remove the caliper bolts and the caliper.
- Remove the disc pads and shims.
- Remove the caliper mount.
- Remove the rotor.
- Clean the exposed area of the piston. Tighten the bolts to 49-58 ft. lbs. (36-50 Nm).
- Install the rotor and caliper mount.
- Rotate the piston clockwise slowly using the tool shown to push the piston completely until the piston grooves are in the position shown in the figure.
- Install the caliper. Tighten the bolts to 20-25 Nm (14-18 ft. lbs.).
- Connect the brake hose and tighten to 21-29 Nm (15-21 ft. lbs.).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Install the parking brake cable. After installation the parking brake cable, verify that the operating lever returns to the stopper nut with the parking brake lever released.
- Depress the brake pedal a few times and verify that the brakes do not drag
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
- Pump the brake pedal several times to seat the pads. Inspect the parking brake lever stroke and brake drag and adjust as necessary.