Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
NOTERefer the exploded view illustration for component locations and if applicable, their retainer torque specifications.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable.
- Remove the upper caliper bolt and pivot the caliper downwards.
- Remove the disc pads and shims.
- Clean the exposed area of the piston.
- Rotate the piston clockwise slowly using the tool shown to push the piston completely until the piston grooves are in the position shown in the figure.
- Install the components in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the caliper bolts to 20-25 Nm (14-18 ft. lbs.).
- Install the parking brake cable. After installation the parking brake cable, verify that the operating lever returns to the stopper nut with the parking brake lever released.
- Depress the brake pedal a few times and verify that the brakes do not drag
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Press the rear caliper pistons back into their bores using tool 49 FA18 602.
Install or connect the following:
Pads, shims, and springs