Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
NOTERefer the exploded view illustration for component locations and if applicable, their retainer torque specifications.
Separate the rear trailing link (upper) ball joint from the knuckle.
NOTEWhen removing the rear trailing link (upper) ball joint, the rear knuckle bushing may also come off. If it comes off, replace the rear knuckle.
- Remove the rear upper trailing link.
Remove the dust boot.
- Wipe the grease off the ball joint stud.
- Fill the inside of the new dust boot with grease.
- Using the tool shown, install the dust boot to the ball joint.
- Wipe off the excess grease.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse order of removal using the accompanying illustration for torque values.
Inspect the rear wheel alignment.