- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the splash shield (RH).
Loosen the drive belt and remove it.
CAUTIONIf moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise will occur. Always immediately plug open fittings after removing any refrigeration cycle parts to keep moisture or foreign material out of the cycle.
CAUTIONDo not allow A/C compressor oil to spill. Operating the A/C compressor without sufficient A/C compressor oil can lead to abnormal noise and cause the A/C compressor to seize.
- Remove HI and LO coolant hoses.
- Disconnect electrical connector.
- Remove the A/C compressor and bolts.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
Tighten the following to specification:
HI and LO coolant lines bolts: 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm)
- Adjust the drive belt.
- Recharge the A/C system. Check for leaks