- Partially drain the engine cooling system until the coolant level is below the ECT sensor-mounting hole.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness connector from the ECT sensor.
- Using an open-end wrench, remove the coolant temperature sensor from the intake manifold or thermostat housing.
- Thread the sensor into the intake manifold, or thermostat housing, by hand, then tighten it securely.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the engine cooling system.
- Start the engine, check for coolant leaks and top off the cooling system.