Removal & Installation
Front & Rear
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the lower lock pin bolt from the caliper.
- Rotate the caliper upward and remove the brake pads, shims, guide plates and if equipped, the springs.
- Remove the master cylinder reservoir cap and remove about 1 / 2 of the fluid from the reservoir.
- Using a large C-clamp and piece of wood, depress the caliper piston(s) until they bottom in their bores.
- Install the shims, guide plates, new pads and if removed, the springs.
Reposition the caliper and install the lock pin bolt. Torque the lockbolt to:
Front caliper: 62-68 ft. lbs. (84-93 Nm)
- Install the wheels, lower the vehicle, refill the master cylinder and depress the brake pedal a few times to restore pressure. Bleed the system if required.