Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Remove and discard the wheel hub nut.
- Separate the outer CV-joint spindle from the wheel hub.
Remove the cotter pin and the tie-rod end-to-knuckle nut.
WARNINGDo not use a hammer to separate the tie-rod end from the wheel knuckle or damage to the wheel knuckle can result. Do not damage the tie-rod end boot while installing the special tool.
- Separate the tie-rod from the wheel knuckle.
- Remove the lower ball joint pinch bolt nut and the pinch bolt.
- Remove the anti-lock brake system (ABS) wheel speed sensor bolt and position the sensor aside. Separate the lower ball joint from the wheel knuckle.
- Remove the 2 strut-to-knuckle nuts, bolts and the wheel knuckle.
- Position the wheel knuckle and install the 2 strut-to-knuckle bolts and nuts. Tighten to 115 Nm (85 ft. lbs.).
- Position and align the ball joint stud into the wheel knuckle.
- Install the lower ball joint pinch bolt and nut. Tighten to 70 Nm (52 ft. lbs.).
- Install the ABS wheel speed sensor and the bolt. Tighten to 9 Nm (80 inch lbs.).
- Position the tie rod-end into the wheel knuckle and install the tie-rod end-to-knuckle nut and a new cotter pin. Tighten to 55 Nm (41 ft. lbs.).
- Insert the halfshaft into the wheel hub.
- Install the wheel hub nut. Tighten to 290 Nm (214 ft. lbs.).
- Install the brake disc.
- Check and, if necessary, align the front end.