This engine is equipped with a Distributorless Ignition System (DIS). No adjustment is necessary.
Ignition timing is set with the engine at operating temperature, transmission in P and all electrical loads OFF .
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Connect a timing light to the No. 1 cylinder spark plug wire.
Connect terminals TEN and GND of the underhood Data Link Connector (DLC) with a jumper wire.
- Check the idle speed. Idle speed should be 500-900 rpm.
- Set the base timing to 10-12 degrees Before Top Dead Center (BTDC).
- Tighten the distributor bolts to 14-18 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- Remove the jumper wire.