- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Refer to the illustration for component location and torque specifications.
- Drain the transaxle oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Support the transmission with a suitable jack
- Support the rear differential with a block of wood.
- Place match marks on the driveshaft, then remove the driveshaft.
Remove the transmission bolts and the transmission.
- Install the transmission and tighten the mounting bolts to 28-38 ft. lbs. (37-52 Nm).
- Support the transmission with a jack and install the power plant frame. Temporarily tighten the bolts in the sequence shown.
- Raise the front end of the frame and adjust dimension A to 1.91-2.22 inches (48.4-56.4mm).
Tighten the power plant frame bolts in the sequence shown to 93-113 ft. lbs. (126-154 Nm) for bolts 1 and 2 and 55-69 ft. lbs. (75-93 Nm) for bolt 3.
- Install the torque converter nuts and drive plate bolts and tighten them equally and evenly to 26-36 ft. lbs. (34-49 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Fill the transmission with fluid. Road test the vehicle and check for leaks. Top off all fluids as needed.
- On models with dynamic suspension, perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure.