Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Inspect the pilot bearing. If it is worn or damaged and does not turn easily by hand, remove it using a puller/slide hammer.
- Check the flywheel surface for scoring, cracks or burning and machine or replace, as necessary.
- Install Holder tool 49 F011 101 to keep the flywheel from turning, remove the flywheel lock bolt and remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the clutch release bearing for wear. Replace it if it sticks or does not turn easily.
- Inspect the release fork for wear or damage and replace as necessary.
- Lubricate the release fork fingers and pivot with molybdenum grease and install in the release fork boot.
Install or connect the following:
Clutch release bearing on the release fork
Be sure the flywheel mounting surface and the crankshaft or eccentric shaft mounting surfaces are clean. Remove any old sealant from the flywheel lock bolt and threads.
Remove the alignment tool.
Clutch release fork
- On models with dynamic suspension, perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure.