Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Drain the fuel from the tank.
Service hole cover
- Align the fuel pump alignment mark with the notch in the retainer and install the fuel pump using a new gasket.
- Align the cap with the retainer and tighten one full turn by hand.
- Tighten the cap with the special tool to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Fuel hoses to the fuel pump
- Add a minimum of 10 gallons of fuel to the tank and check for leaks.
- On models with dynamic suspension, perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure.