Removal & Installation
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF. Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury. Do not allow fuel spray or fuel vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher nearby. Never store fuel in an open container due to risk of fire or explosion.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
New O-rings and grommets lubricated with engine oil on the fuel injectors.
- Turn the ignition switch ON to pressurize the fuel system.
- Check for leaks and correct as necessary, before starting the engine.
- On models with dynamic suspension, perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure.