Only perform this procedure if the engine is cold, or personal injury and serious burns can occur.
Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove the following components.
- Splash shield
- Under cover
- Battery and battery box.
- Air cleaner component and air cleaner insulator.
- PCM duct
- Position the coolant reserve tank out of the way.
- Disconnect the ATF oil cooler hose, if equipped with A/T.
Remove the following (NOTE: the numbers correspond with the illustration):
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Add engine coolant the proper type and amount of engine coolant.
- Start the engine, then check for coolant leaks. Check the coolant level again, and add if necessary..