Inspection & Testing
- Remove the spark plug wire(s), as outlined earlier in this section.
- Inspect the spark plug wires for cracks, wear and/or damage and replace as necessary.
To measure the resistance of the spark plug wires, perform the following:
- Measure the resistance using a tester. The resistance should be 1-4 kilo-ohms at approximately 68°F (20°C).
- If the resistance does not fall within the specification, replace the spark plug wire.
Removal & Installation
Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air hose.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wires from the ignition coils and spark plugs.
Connect the spark plug wires to the spark plugs and ignition coil, as tagged during removal.
- Install the air hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the battery cover.
- Install the engine cover.