Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the battery and battery box.
- Remove the secondary air control valve.
- Before positioning the drive belt out of the way, loosen the water pump pulley installation bolt.
- Position the drive belt out of the way. If necessary, refer to the Accessory Drive Belt procedures in this section.
- Remove the water pump pulley.
Remove the following (NOTE: the numbers correspond with the illustration):
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, however make sure to install the thermostat by fitting the projection on the thermostat to the recess of the thermostat case. Refer to the accompanying illustration for details.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
Start the engine, check for leaks and repair if necessary.