Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depower the supplemental restraint system (SRS).
- Remove the instrument panel steering column cover.
- Remove the 3 lower steering column cover mounting screws.
- Remove the lower steering column cover.
- Remove the upper steering column cover.
Disconnect the ignition switch electrical connector.
NOTELower the steering column to the lowest tilt position. Remove the ignition switch by pressing the 2 tabs and pulling the ignition switch outward.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Repower the supplemental restraint system (SRS).