Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEIf removing the intermediate shaft in order to repair a separate component, it should only be removed as an assembly with the right front halfshaft.
- Remove the right front halfshaft.
- Remove the inner halfshaft bearing retainer nuts
- Remove the intermediate shaft
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Apply a thin coat of grease to the splines of the intermediate shaft.
- Verify the front axle lubricant level is to specifications.