- Remove the fuel pump relay.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle until it stalls.
- After the engine stalls, crank the engine for approximately 5 seconds to make sure the fuel injection supply manifold pressure has been released.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
When fuel system service is complete, install the fuel pump relay.
NOTEIt may take more than one key cycle to pressurize the fuel system.
- Cycle the ignition key and wait three seconds to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks before starting the engine.
- Start the engine and check the fuel system for leaks.