- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- For 2.3L engines, remove the accessory drive belt tensioner.
- Disconnect the heater hose and position out of the way.
- Remove the thermostat housing.
Remove the three bolts and separate the water outlet adapter from the thermostat housing.
NOTEThe thermostat is indexed and must be installed correctly.
Remove the thermostat and the O-ring seal.
NOTEClean and inspect the sealing surfaces.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque all fasteners to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).