REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Please refer to General Information And Maintenance before discharging the compressor or disconnecting air conditioning lines. Damage to the air conditioning system or personal injury could result. Consult your local laws concerning refrigerant discharge and recycling. In many areas it may be illegal for anyone but a certified technician to service the A/C system. Always use an approved recovery station when discharging the air conditioning.
- Run the engine at fast idle for ten minutes with the air conditioning unit ON, then stop the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and discharge the system as described in General Information And Maintenance .
- Disconnect the wire from the magnetic clutch.
- Disconnect the suction and discharge hoses from the compressor and plug the ends of the hoses to prevent the entry of moisture and contamination. Always use a back-up wrench on the fittings!
- Loosen the compressor mounting bolts and slip the drive belt from the pulley.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Position the compressor onto its mounting and install the mounting bolts. Place the drive belt onto the pulley.
- Connect the suction and discharge hoses to the compressor and adjust the drive belt tension. Always use a back-up wrench on the fittings!
- Connect the magnetic clutch wire.
- Evacuate and charge the system as described in General Information And Maintenance .
- Connect the negative battery cable.