INSPECTION & REPLACEMENT
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Clean the brake hose thoroughly before inspecting it.
- Check all flexible hoses for any signs of swelling, cracking or brittleness. Replace any hose that shows any of these symptoms.
- Check the hoses for any sign that they are rubbing against any other component. If shiny marks or scuffing is found, determine what the hose is rubbing against and correct the problem. If scuffing has removed [cf2]any material from the hose, replace it.
- Check brake pipes for corrosion or dents. Replace any damaged pipe.
- Check all connections for signs of leakage. Check threads for damage.
- When disconnecting hoses and pipes, remove the retaining clip AFTER loosening the flare nut at the joint. When tightening fitting