REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the pushrod at the pedal.
- Disconnect the vacuum line at the booster.
- Unbolt and remove the power booster from the firewall.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check the clearance between the master cylinder piston and the power booster pushrod. Clearance should be 0.10-0.50mm (0.0039-0.0197 in.) on trucks through 1984; 0 on 1986 trucks. If not, adjust it at the pushrod. Torque the mounting nuts to 17 ft. lbs.