See Figure 1
1974-75 Rotary Pick-Ups have an altitude compensator which provides air to lean out the overly rich mixture which occurs at high altitudes.
- Detach the air intake hose from the altitude compensator.
- Start the engine and run it at idle.
- Hold your finger over the altitude compensator air intake; the engine speed should decrease. If it doesn't, replace the compensator.
- Reconnect the air intake hose, if the compensator is in good working order.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect both hoses from the altitude compensator. Be sure to note their positions for correct hook-up.
- Unfasten the altitude compensator securing bolts.
- Remove the compensator from its bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.