REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You are going to need an assistant for this job.
Models With Self-Supporting Hood
- Open the hood and trace the outline of the hinges on the body.
- While an assistant holds the hood, remove the cotter pin from the right side hood stop retaining pin.
- Remove the retaining pin and the hood stop.
- Tilt the hood forward and move the torsion bar to one side.
- Remove the hinge-to-body bolts and lift the hood off.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the outlines previously made. Check that the hood closes properly. Adjust hood alignment, if necessary.
Models With Hood Prop
See Figures 3 and 4
- Outline the hinge position on the hood.
- Support the hood and remove the hinge-to-hood bolts. Lift off the hood.
- Installation of the hood is the reverse of removal. Check the hood for fit and closure. Adjust the hood alignment, if necessary.
See Figure 5
On self-supporting hoods, alignment can be adjusted front-to-rear or side-to-side by loosening the hood-to-hinge or hinge-to-body bolts. The front edge of the hood can be adjusted for closing height by adding or deleting shims under the hinges. The rear edge of the hood can be adjusted for closing height by raising or lowering the rear hood bumpers.
On hoods supported with a prop, alignment is accomplished by loosening the lockplate bolts and moving the lockplate up or down; side-to-side.