See Figures 1 through 7
Check the level of the fluid in the brake master cylinder at the specified interval or more often. The brake master cylinder is located at the left rear corner of the engine compartment.
- Park the truck on a level surface.
- Clean all dirt from the area of the master cylinder reservoir cover.
- Remove the top from the master cylinder reservoir. Be careful when doing this. Brake fluid that is dripped on painted surfaces will quickly destroy the paint.
- The level should be maintained approximately 1 / 2 in. below the top of the reservoir.
- If brake fluid is needed, use only a good quality brake fluid meeting specifications DOT-3 or DOT-4.
- If necessary, add fluid to maintain the proper level and replace the top on the master cylinder securely.
If the fluid level is constantly low, it would be a good idea to look into the matter. This is a good indication of problems elsewhere in the system.