REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1972-81 Vehicles
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Reach under the instrument panel and pull the wire connector from the rear of the switch.
- Hold the switch body from behind the instrument panel and remove the black retaining nut by turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove the switch from the rear of the instrument panel.
- Position the switch in the instrument panel.
- Hold the switch from behind the instrument panel. Install the retaining nut by turning it clockwise.
- Plug the multiple connector into the back of the switch.
- Connect the battery ground cable and check the operation of the switch.
Ignition switches and ignition locks on these models are located in the steering column. For service procedures, see Suspension And Steering .