REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1,586cc, 1,796cc, 1,970cc, 1,998cc and 2,209cc Engines
- Raise and support the truck.
- Remove the two attaching nuts from the exhaust pipe at the manifold. On the 1,998cc, remove the exhaust manifold heat shield.
- Remove the manifold attaching nuts.
- Remove the manifold.
- Apply a light film of graphite grease to the exhaust manifold mating surfaces before installation.
- Install the manifold on the studs and install the attaching nuts. Torque the attaching nuts to specifications.
- Install a new exhaust pipe gasket. Connect the exhaust pipe gasket. Connect the exhaust pipe and torque the nuts to specifications.