REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1,586cc, 1,796cc, 1,970cc and 1,998cc Engines
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the accelerator linkage.
- Disconnect the choke cable and fuel line. Plug the fuel line.
- Disconnect the PCV valve hose.
- Disconnect the heater return hose and by-pass hose.
- Remove the intake manifold-to-cylinder head attaching nuts.
- Remove the manifold and carburetor as an assembly.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Install a new gasket and the manifold on the studs. Torque the attaching nuts to specification, working from the center outward.
- Connect the PCV valve hose to the manifold.
- Connect the by-pass and heater return hoses.
- Install the accelerator linkage.
- Connect the fuel line and choke cable.
- Replace the air cleaner.
- Fill the cooling system. Run the engine and check for leaks.
2,209cc Diesel Engine
- Remove the air inlet tube.
- Remove the vacuum sensing line.
- Bleed the fuel system and remove the injection lines. Cap the lines to prevent the entrance of dirt.
- Disconnect the accelerator linkage and any other hose or wire connected to the manifold.
- Remove the fuel return line.
- Unbolt and remove the manifold.
- Discard the gasket and thoroughly clean the gasket surfaces of the head and manifold.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Always use a new gasket. Torque the manifold bolts to 11-17 ft. lbs.