REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the front of the truck and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the drain plug and drain the engine oil.
The EPA warns that prolonged contact with used engine oil may cause a number of skin disorders, including cancer! You should make every effort to minimize you exposure to used engine oil. Protective gloves should be worn when changing the oil. Wash your hands and any other exposed skin areas as soon as possible after exposure to used engine oil. Soap and water, or waterless hand cleaner should be used.
- Remove the nuts and bolts which secure the gravel shield and withdraw it from underneath the car.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts and remove the oil pan with its gasket.
- Oil pan installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Coat both the oil pan flange and its mounting flange with sealer, prior to assembly. Torque the pan bolts to 84 in. lbs.