- Disconnect the speed sensor wire harness plug from the sensor or sensor pigtail.
- Connect a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) across the two sensor terminals and record the reading.
- The reading should be within 0.270-0.330k ohms.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Inside the engine compartment, disconnect the sensor from the harness.
- Unclip the sensor cable from the brake hose clips.
- Remove the retaining bolt from the spindle and slide the sensor from its hole.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the retaining bolt to 40-60 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).