- Disconnect the HCU pump motor electrical plug.
- Connect a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) across the two pump terminals and record the reading.
- The reading should be between 52-68 Ohms
- If not, replace the pump motor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Unplug the 8-pin connector from the unit, and the 4-pin connector from the pump motor.
- Disconnect the 5 inlet and outlet tubes from the unit. Immediately plug the ports.
- Remove the 3 unit attaching nuts and lift out the unit.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the mounting nuts to 12-18 ft. lbs. and the tube fittings to 10-18 ft. lbs.
After reconnecting the battery, it may take 10 miles or more of driving for the Powertrain Control Module to relearn its driveability codes.
- Bleed the brakes.