REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Be careful not to spill brake fluid on the painted surfaces, it will harm the painted finish. If the reservoir is removed for any reason, install new mounting grommets. If the fluid has been emptied from the cylinder it is probably easier to bench bleed the cylinder prior to installation. See bleeding. Before installation the clearance between the power booster pushrod and the piston of the master cylinder should be check. Refer to the following booster procedures.
- Clean all dirt and grease from the master cylinder and lines. Disconnect and cap the brake lines from the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the fluid level sensor coupling, on models equipped.
- Unbolt and remove the master cylinder from the firewall or power booster. Service as required. Replace the cylinder to booster mounting gasket.
- Place the master cylinder in position and loosely install the mounting nuts. Connect the hydraulic lines to the master cylinder, but do not tighten fully at this time. Tighten the mounting nuts to specification. Tighten the hydraulic lines.
- Fill and bleed the system. Check system operation.