REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Pickup and MPV
See Figure 1
- Disconnect and plug the fluid outlet line at the outlet fitting on the master cylinder one-way valve.
- Remove the nuts and bolts attaching the master cylinder to the firewall.
- Remove the cylinder straight out away from the firewall.
- Start the pedal pushrod into the master cylinder and position the master cylinder on the firewall.
- Install the attaching nuts and bolts. Tighten the nuts to 12-17 ft. lbs. (16-23 Nm).
- Connect the fluid outlet line to the master cylinder fitting.
- Bleed the hydraulic system.
- Check the clutch pedal free-travel and adjust as necessary.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Remove the switch from the master cylinder assembly, if equipped.
- Remove the screw retaining the fluid reservoir to the cowl access cover.
- Disconnect the tube from the slave cylinder and plug both openings.
- Remove the bolts retaining the clutch master cylinder to the dash panel and remove the clutch master cylinder assembly.
- To install position the pushrod through the hole in the engine compartment. Make certain it is located on the correct side of the clutch pedal. Place the master cylinder assembly in position and install the retaining bolts. Tighten to 8-12 ft. lbs. (11-16 Nm).
- Install the remaining components in the reverse of removal. Bleed the system.