- Examine all wiring harnesses and connectors for insulation damage, burned, overheated, loose or broken connections.
Be certain that the battery is fully charged and that all accessories are
during the diagnosis.
Always turn the ignition key OFF and isolate both ends of a circuit whenever testing for shorts or continuity.
- Visually inspect the engine compartment to ensure that all vacuum lines and spark plug wires are properly routed and securely connected.
SECONDARY SPARK TEST
See Figure 1
- Remove the spark plug from the engine.
- Connect the spark plug to the high tension lead.
- Using insulated pliers, hold the high tension lead and spark plug approximately 0.20-0.39 inch (5-10mm) from a good ground.
- Crank the engine and verify that there is a strong blue spark.