REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
On all engines, except the 4.0L, excessive oil clearance between the cylinder head/bearing caps-to-camshaft bearing surfaces, indicates that cylinder head and/or camshaft replacement is required.4.0L Engines
- Remove the engine and place it on a work stand.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Remove the camshaft.
- Using a sharp punch and hammer, drive a hole in the rear bearing bore plug and pry it out.
- Using the special tools and instructions in Cam Bearing Replacer Kit T65L-6250-A, or their equivalents, remove the bearings.
- To remove the front bearing, install the tool from the rear of the block.
- Following the instructions in the tool kit, install the bearings. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully. Failure to use the correct expanding collets can cause severe bearing damage!
Make sure that the oil holes in the bearings and block are aligned! Make sure that the front bearing is installed 0.51-0.89mm below the face of the block.
- Install a new bearing bore plug coated with sealer.
- Install the camshaft.
- Install the flywheel.
- Install the engine.