REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
WITH FRONT COVER REMOVED FROM THE ENGINE
If the specialized tools aren't available, the front seal can be replaced using normal hand tools. Before installing the cover, use a punch to carefully knock the old seal out of the cover, and a seal driver to seat the new seal.WITH FRONT COVER ON THE ENGINE
The front cover oil seal can be removed and a new one installed without removing the front cover.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses and remove the radiator.
- Remove the drive belt(s).
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Pry the front oil seal from the front cover.
- Clean the pulley and seal area.
- Press a new front seal into position (flush).
- Install the crankshaft pulley and torque the bolt to specifications.
- Install the drive belt(s) and adjust the tension.
- Install the radiator and connect the upper and lower hoses. Fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.