Depending on the year and model, it may be necessary to remove the glove box and or the instrument panel to gain working room.
- If the antenna cable plugs directly into the radio, pull it straight out of the set. Otherwise, disconnect the antenna lead-in cable from the cable assembly in-line connector above the glove box.
- Working under the instrument panel, disengage the cable from its retainers.
- Outside, unsnap the cap from the antenna base. Or, on some models, unscrew the mounting tower nut.
- Remove the retaining screws, or tower nut and lift off the antenna, pulling the cable with it, carefully.
- Remove and discard the gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.