REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the front axle shaft and spindle assemblies.
- Mark the front axle yoke and the driveshaft so they can be reassembled in the same position. Disconnect the driveshaft from the front axle yoke.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut retaining the steering linkage to the knuckle. Disconnect the linkage from the knuckle.
- Remove the left stabilizer bar link lower bolt and remove the link from the radius arm bracket.
- Position a jack under the left axle arm and slightly compress the coil spring. Remove the shock absorber lower nut and disconnect the shock absorber from the radius arm bracket.
- Remove the nut that retains the lower part of the spring to the axle arm. Slowly lower the jack and remove the coil spring, spacer, seat and stud.
- Remove the stud and bolts that connect the radius arm bracket and radius arm to the axle arm. Remove the bracket and radius arm.
- Position another jack under the differential housing. Remove the bolt that connects the left axle arm to the axle pivot bracket. Lower the jacks and remove the left axle arm assembly.
- Position a jack under the left support arm and raise the arm into position in the pivot bracket. Install the nut and bolt and tighten to 120-150 ft. lbs. (163-203 Nm). Do not remove the jack from under the differential housing at this time.
- Position the radius arm and front bracket on the left axle arm. Install a new stud and nut on the top of the axle and radius arm assembly and tighten to 190-230 ft. lbs. (258-311 Nm). Install the bolts in the front of the bracket and tighten to 27-37 ft. lbs. (37-50 Nm).
- Install the seat, spacer retainer and coil spring on the stud and nut. Raise the jack to compress the coil spring. Install the nut and tighten to 70-100 ft. lbs. (95-135 Nm).
- Connect the shock absorber to the radius arm. Install the nut and tighten to 42-72 ft. lbs. (57-97 Nm).
- Connect the tie rod ball joint to the knuckle. Install the nut and tighten to 50-75 ft. lbs. (68-101 Nm). Install the stabilizer bar mounting bracket and tighten to 203-240 ft. lbs. (275-325 Nm).
- Connect the front driveshaft to the front axle yoke, aligning the marks that were made during removal. Install the U-bolts and tighten the nuts to 8-15 ft. lbs. (11-20 Nm).
- Install the spindle and axle shaft assemblies. Lower the vehicle.