REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the weatherscreening carefully, so that it can be reused.
- Position the glass so that the mounting screws can be accessed through one of the holes in the door frame. Remove the door glass mounting screws.
- Remove the inner and outer weatherstripping around the frame.
- Remove the glass guide mounting bolt.
- Pull the glass up and out of the door.
- Remove the mounting bolts and pull the regulator assembly from the access hole.
- Install in the reverse order. Adjust the door glass so that it closes properly.
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the panel support bracket.
- Remove the weatherscreen carefully.
- Remove the speaker.
- Remove the mirror.
- Remove the front beltline molding.
- Raise the window to the point at which the glass retaining screws can be reached the access holes.
- Carefully lift the glass from the channel.
- With manual regulators, remove the attaching bolts and lift out the regulator.
- With power regulators, remove the attaching bolts and drill out the rivets. Lift out the regulator.
- Place the regulator in position and secure. Install then components in reverse order. Use new rivets on power regulators.
See Figure 2
- Remove the door trim panel and speaker if applicable.
- Remove the screw from the division bar. Remove the inside belt weaterstrip(s) if equipped.
- Remove the 2 vent window attaching screws from the front edge of the door.
- Lower the glass and pull the glass out of the run retainer near the vent window division bar, just enough to allow the removal of the vent window, if equipped.
- Push the front edge of the glass downward and remove the rear glass run retainer from the door.
- If equipped with retaining rivets, remove them carefully. Otherwise, remove the glass from the channel using Glass and Channel Removal Tool 2900, made by the Sommer and Mala Glass Machine Co. of Chicago, ILL., or its equivalent. Remove the glass through the belt opening if possible.
- Install the glass spacer and retainer into the retention holes.
- Install the glass into the door, position on the bracket and align the retaining holes.
- Carefully install the retaining rivets or equivalent.
- Raise the glass to the full closed position.
- Install the rear glass run retainer and glass run. Install the inside belt weatherstrip(s).
- Check for smooth operation before installing the trim panel.
See Figure 2
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
- Remove the inside door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Remove the door glass.
- Remove the 2 nuts attaching the equalizer bracket.
- Remove the rivets attaching the regulator base plate to the door.
- Remove the regulator and glass bracket as an assembly from the door and transfer to a workbench.
- Carefully bend the tab flat in order to remove the air slides from the glass bracket C-channel.
- Install new regulator arm plastic guides into the C-channel and bend the tab back 90°. If the tab is broken or cracked, replace the glass bracket assembly. Make sure the rubber bumper is installed properly on the new glass bracket, if applicable.
- Assemble the glass bracket and regulator assembly.
- Install the assembly in the door. Set the regulator base plate to the door using the base plate locator tab as a guide.
- Attach the regulator to the door using new rivets. 1 / 4 inch-20 x 1 / 2 inch bolts and nuts may be used in place of the rivets to attach the regulator.
- Install the equalizer bracket, door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Install the glass and check for smooth operation before installing the door trim panel.